How can I do to fix the auto-resetting issue in esp32c3 configured as an AP ?

LuvKira

How can I do to fix the auto-resetting issue in esp32c3 configured as an AP ?

Postby LuvKira » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:08 am

I have a project that uses ESP32-C3 configured as a Wi-Fi AP and HTTP server. It happened rarely, but ESP32-C3 has auto-reseted a few times. I thought that it might be caused by the watchdog time-out. However, I increased the watchdog time-out, and it still reset automatically sometimes. I checked Power-On Reset reason and I think it's not the reason for my problem. Can it be a heap memory run-out error? In my case, what other causes could cause this self-resetting error?

ESP_Sprite

Re: How can I do to fix the auto-resetting issue in esp32c3 configured as an AP ?

Postby ESP_Sprite » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:34 am

You could try enabling saving core dumps to flash; if the source is something in software that may be able to catch it.

LuvKira

Re: How can I do to fix the auto-resetting issue in esp32c3 configured as an AP ?

Postby LuvKira » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:00 am

ESP_Sprite wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:34 am
You could try enabling saving core dumps to flash; if the source is something in software that may be able to catch it.

Thanks for your response. I used esp_reset_reason function to detect the reset reason in the last operation. It returned ESP_RST_PANIC value. However, i can't find out any way to fix this issue. What can i do to fix it?

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:14 am

PANIC means a software error. As I said, enable core dumps to flash to have the ESP32 save its state when it crashes; you can read those crash dumps after the fact and get a backtrace of where exactly things went wrong.

LuvKira

Postby LuvKira » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:09 am

ESP_Sprite wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:14 am
PANIC means a software error. As I said, enable core dumps to flash to have the ESP32 save its state when it crashes; you can read those crash dumps after the fact and get a backtrace of where exactly things went wrong.
In Guru Meditation Error Message, it said that Instruction access fault. I found out how to fix it. Thank you very much.