Is ESP-EYE autonomous ?

esp@esp@esp

Re: Is ESP-EYE autonomous ?

Postby esp@esp@esp » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:32 pm

Sorry if I'm still confused, but everything I'm reading about ESP-EYE talks about stream, recording faces using stream. That is, being connected to a PC and accessing the webserver generated by ESP-EYE itself.

All examples and tutorials are using PC. Exactly everyone.

I couldn't find anywhere an example of recording a face just by pressing a button (example).

Like, I power up the ESP-EYE, I do the activation, I look at the camera, I press a button, it records my face. Then I look at the camera and it recognizes my face activating an LED or relay only if it's my face, no other.

No streaming, no PC. Using the Arduino IDE.

Do you have any example code like that ?

NOTE: Again, pardon my colleague a2800276 if I insist on this again.

Yuvaraj1867

Postby Yuvaraj1867 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:04 am

Hi,
I power up the ESP-EYE, I do the activation, I look at the camera, I press a button, it records my face. Then I look at the camera and it recognizes my face activating an LED or relay only if it's my face, no other.
I dont see any example for this in Arduino. But in ESP IDF there is example it will match your requirement. For this you need ESP32-S3-EYE development board. This board equipped with button to record the face and lcd for showing the recognize output. No need of PC and Webserver.

For more details read this page: https://github.com/espressif/esp-who/tr ... p32-s3-eye

This example record the face by pressing button and next time if you look at the camera it will tell your face is matched with recorded face or not. If matching LCD print MATCHED, if not matching it will print WHO?
You can modify this example for when LCD prints MATCHED then LED/Relay activates and when LCD prints WHO? then LED/Relay not activate

esp@esp@esp

Postby esp@esp@esp » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:44 am

That friend, very grateful too much. Exactly this way.

So only with the ESP-S3 is it possible to do this ? I mean, I don't have the need to see the face on a display. If showing the face on a display is just for visual confirmation from the user, I don't have that need. So couldn't the regular ESP-EYE, not the S3, do the same thing without a display ?

esp@esp@esp

Postby esp@esp@esp » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:40 pm

Perhaps the better-formulated question I should have asked from the beginning is this:

Without a stream, can ESP-EYE (not S3) store and then recognize faceID ?

Thanks

Yuvaraj1867

Postby Yuvaraj1867 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:37 am

Hi,
So only with the ESP-S3 is it possible to do this ? I mean, I don't have the need to see the face on a display.
Why ESP-S3? Compare to normal ESP32, ESP32-S3 is faster in image processing. Display is just for the confirmation. without display also you can.
Without a stream, can ESP-EYE (not S3) store and then recognize faceID ?
YES. But some where i studied ESP-EYE image processing is slow compared to ESP-S3. i hope you understand.

esp@esp@esp

Postby esp@esp@esp » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:53 am

OK my friend, thank you very much. Based on the information I'll see if I can have an ESP-EYE on hand for testing. My biggest difficulty will be with ESP-IDF, until today I've only had contact with the Arduino IDE.

Health and peace.

esp@esp@esp

Postby esp@esp@esp » Fri May 05, 2023 8:47 am

Hey. I received my first Esp-Eye (not the S3) and I'm not sure what to do with it.

I would like to test a face recognition system without an LCD and without using a computer.

In which I could register my face and when checking my rest I could send some notification to a web server within my wifi network or something like that.

And then register more faces and be able to distinguish registered faces from non-registered ones.

Is there any tutorial with examples in this regard?

Grateful