Windows activation and OCD debugger

Balcon

Windows activation and OCD debugger

Postby Balcon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:51 pm

Facts:
After some months using well Espressif without activating Windows, I decided to activate my copy of Windows11 home: for other reasons. I purchased the key and activated: time 5 minutes. Then I entered Espressif ide and launched my app on Esp32 WRover. Run worked, debug didn't. I got the first part of below image:
Immagine 2023-02-25 171552a.png
Immagine 2023-02-25 171552a.png (61.32 KiB) Viewed 723 times
I was no more able to use debugger because it didn't see either WRover. So I began a 2 hours adventure. I checked Espressif-IDE 4: nothing. I checked Espressif-IDE 5: nothing. I tried to reinstall Espressif-IDE 5 manually with Java and others: I wasn't either able to
install it. I re-installed Espressif-IDE 5 offline, by means of a downloaded espressif-ide-setup-2.8.1-with-esp-idf-5.0.exe : good, but
OCD debugger couldn't start. I re-read installation guide of Espressif and stumbled against Configure ESP-WROVER-KIT JTAG Interface: Zadig. That was the cause: I reinstalled Zadig and then got the second part of the image. Now I can debug normally.

Gossip:
I got a notification about my answer to a post on Sun Oct 16 2022: similar topic. Since that time I've never entered the forum: I know that today by a chance and am happy. I had forgotten about it: lazy enough?