Project does not compile anymore with latest esp32 arduino board support. Can you help?

brebisson

Project does not compile anymore with latest esp32 arduino board support. Can you help?

Postby brebisson » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:57 am

Hello,

I am restarting work on a project that I was working with based on an ESP32-CAM.
I changed PC and had to re-install the arduino system and the ESP board support.

Now, my project does not compile anymore (while it compiles on the old computer when I take it out of storage, but this is not a good solution)...

It seems that the esp API has changed. Could you please help me find how to convert my "old code" to "new code"?

I have 2 set of errors. One around the setup of the LED control
ledcSetup(LED_LEDC_CHANNEL, 5000, 8);
ledcAttachPin(pin, LED_LEDC_CHANNEL);

And one around a HW timer interrupt!
hw_timer_t *timer = timerBegin(0, 80, true); // set timer 0 of 4 to 80 prescaler. No clue on speed...
timerAttachInterrupt(timer, onTimer, true); // attach onTimer to our timer
timerAlarmWrite(timer, 100, true); // timer every 10micros, repeating
timerAlarmEnable(timer); // enable the interrupt

Thanks for your help.
Cyrille

aruffato

Re: Project does not compile anymore with latest esp32 arduino board support. Can you help?

Postby aruffato » Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:38 pm

HI, you MUST update your CODE, because the API change-

See the LINK:
https://docs.espressif.com/projects/ard ... o_3.0.html

lbernstone

Re: Project does not compile anymore with latest esp32 arduino board support. Can you help?

Postby lbernstone » Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:28 pm

Migration guide from arduino-esp32 2.x to 3.0

brebisson

Postby brebisson » Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:38 am

Hello,

Thanks for the link and info...

Is there a way, in arduino systems, to load previous versions of API/board dev so as not to have this type of issues?
I faced the same problem with another project (on an other board)...

Cyrille

lbernstone

Postby lbernstone » Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:55 am

Sure. If you look at the last image in the install doco, you can see there is a drop down box in the board manager to choose the version installed.