BLE power consumption and modem sleep

kengster

BLE power consumption and modem sleep

Postby kengster » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi all,

I have been reading this forum and everything on the internet regarding to the modem sleep with BLE and adding an external crystal for keeping the BLE alive.

I have taken a look to this thread where they speak about this: https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/issues/947

But every post I find is about esp32-idf and the code is different from the arduino esp32 because I can´t find many functions they speak about. I did active the power manager, but I am not able to get anything better than 60-80mAh, and I have read people getting 30mAh, how can they get it?

I haven´t used the external crystal yet, but even If I add it, I wouldn´t be able to activate it an use it as people use it in esp32-idf because as I have already said, many functions are not available for the arduino esp32.

Is there any idea for getting lower currents?

Is it expected a new version for helping with the power consumption?

Thank you so much for your time,

Cheers.

kengster

Re: BLE power consumption and modem sleep

Postby kengster » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:52 pm

Anyone?

chegewara

Postby chegewara » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi,
I haven´t used the external crystal yet, but even If I add it, I wouldn´t be able to activate it an use it as people use it in esp32-idf because as I have already said, many functions are not available for the arduino esp32.
its not that you cant use esp-idf functions in arduino to control bluetooth and/or light/deep sleep, its just those functions are not wrapped in BLE library. Post you found on github is best start and more info you can find here:
https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... index.html

kengster

Postby kengster » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:01 pm

chegewara wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:46 pm
Hi,
its not that you cant use esp-idf functions in arduino to control bluetooth and/or light/deep sleep, its just those functions are not wrapped in BLE library. Post you found on github is best start and more info you can find here:
https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... index.html
Thanks for the link but I already now about all the documentation. So as you say, many functions like the power managment control are not wrapped in the esp32 arduino core. Is there a way for wrapping them? I imagine that if they are not wrapped in yet, it must be for a reason.

Thank you so much!

chegewara

Postby chegewara » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:05 pm

Only reason they are not wrapped is that noone wanted it before working with this library. You can add functions to use esp-idf API from within BLE library or you can use esp-idf API alongside arduino BLE library.

eccessivo

Postby eccessivo » Sat May 29, 2021 7:23 pm

Did you have any success?