ESP32 Capacitive Touch with Arduino

Amir.J

Re: ESP32 Capacitive Touch with Arduino

Postby Amir.J » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:55 am

juliusbangert wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:19 pm
I'm new here and haven't received my ESP32 board yet (I'm going for the SparkFun ESP32 Thing).. but when I do I plan to use arduino IDE with it in a capacitive touch project. I have a question about the built in touch driver. Is there a clever way to achieve more than 10 capacitive touch pins through the chip’s internal pin multiplexing feature without additional components? I need 20 capacitive touch pads altogether in my project and was hoping I could use an additional ten of the remaining GPIO pins somehow without adding more parts. Is that possible, if so how do I do this and how do I access the readings from touch pins?
Hello WiFive,

Did you manage to make your 10x10 touch matrix using ESP32? I would be happy If you can share what method did you use?

I was thinking about using multiplexer to extend the I/O and use the keypad library but I have difficulty with the coding. I couldn't find any example code for 10x10 matrix but I found the 4x4 ( https://www.circuitbasics.com/how-to-se ... n-arduino/) which is working fine but not enough for my application.