MQTT project linker error.

mehmedAli

MQTT project linker error.

Postby mehmedAli » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:03 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hello,

I easily compiled, linled built your led blink and hello projects with Visual StudioGDB toolchain, for your ESP32-C6 DevKit C1 V1.2 But, when I want to build your any MQTT prjects, I got the linker error message which is shown in the attached document. You will see the message for example

esp_cpu_set_breakpoint defined but not used in the warning messages,
But at the linker, you can see the "esp_cpu_set_breakpoint" is not defined..

I am new for ESP32 toolchain. but Used VisualGDB for other projects for other RISC-V chips.

For example I compiled, build, debugged all the projects in my NXP MCXN freedom board for the first time, I could not built your sample project for many boring repetition. Because, I can not connect to the MQTT, I consider to give up the ESP, even you designed very attractive HW chips, like ESP32 P4.

Please, please help me, to continue to work with ESP32 products.

Mehmet Ali İpin
Attachments
ESP32_Linker_Error.odt
(84.34 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

ESP_Sprite

Re: MQTT project linker error.

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:38 am

You might be better off asking the VisualGDB support resources; this is not an issue that is common with our own tools.

mehmedAli

Postby mehmedAli » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:41 pm

What do you mean with "our tools". The the source code files, make and config files are same as with which is in your latest github the toolchain is the gnu gcc toolchain(compiler, linker, assembler, etc.)? Simple projects like hello, led blink ara working wo problems, VisualGDB is just an ide, which automatically install these tools. And I believe the most advanced toolchain, better than eclipse, and visual studio code. I tried to build the same project with eclipse, according to your instructions, but faced the similar linker problems. Are you using another toolchain than gcc?

I will ask visualGDB,

Could you please tell me the documents names ( the links) to build the MQTT project for ESP32-C6, and a working MQTT project github, with compatible(compiling/linking without error) with the toolchain you recommend?

With my best regards

Mehmet Ali

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:13 am

mehmedAli wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:41 pm
I tried to build the same project with eclipse, according to your instructions, but faced the similar linker problems. Are you using another toolchain than gcc?
If you post that error here, you may have a better chance of us being able to solve it.

Could you please tell me the documents names ( the links) to build the MQTT project for ESP32-C6, and a working MQTT project github, with compatible(compiling/linking without error) with the toolchain you recommend?
https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... index.html
https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/tr ... ocols/mqtt