Compiling program for ESP32 on command prompt

Anjusha

Compiling program for ESP32 on command prompt

Postby Anjusha » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:37 am

Hi,

I am getting the following error after giving make command for compiling a sample program

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/apmosys123/Projects/ESP32/esp-idf/tools/kconfig'
GENCONFIG
The following Python requirements are not satisfied:
cryptography
Please run "/usr/bin/python2 -m pip install --user -r /home/apmosys123/Projects/ESP32/esp-idf/requirements.txt" for resolving the issue.
make: *** [check_python_dependencies] Error 1

I am not able to resolve this issue.Please help asap

gunar.kroeger

Re: Compiling program for ESP32 on command prompt

Postby gunar.kroeger » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:04 pm

What is your OS? have you tried to run this command:
/usr/bin/python2 -m pip install --user -r /home/apmosys123/Projects/ESP32/esp-idf/requirements.txt
I had a problem on windows using this command and somewhere someone said that for windows the update should be done with packman instead of with pip. I don't know if they have fixed this yet
"Running was invented in 1612 by Thomas Running when he tried to walk twice at the same time."

fly135

Postby fly135 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:38 pm

I set up a friend's win 10 laptop with the latest master IDF and had the same problem. Fixed it by going back to the v3.1 release. However there is at least one other thread on this forum addressing how to fix this problem.

John A

Anjusha

Postby Anjusha » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:25 am

gunar.kroeger wrote:What is your OS? have you tried to run this command:
/usr/bin/python2 -m pip install --user -r /home/apmosys123/Projects/ESP32/esp-idf/requirements.txt
I had a problem on windows using this command and somewhere someone said that for windows the update should be done with packman instead of with pip. I don't know if they have fixed this yet

I m working on Ubuntu 14.04 and have tried the command u mentioned but still m having the same error.

Anjusha

Postby Anjusha » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:29 am

My version for ESPIDF is 3.1 i.e the stable one and m working on Ubuntu14.04..i have tried the commands mentioned below ,which i researhed from my forums

/usr/bin/python2.7 -m pip install --user -r /home/apmosys123/Projects/ESP32/esp-idf/requirements.txt

sudo pip install --upgrade setuptools

But still there is same error. Cant resolve.
But after being wasted 2 days in dis issue I commented the cryptography in requirements.txt file like
#cryptography

And then compiled, and yes the program got compiled successfully and also got flashed on ESP32.
But still cant understnd the cryptography thing and will it be neccesary in future puropse.