Is it possible to enable Pulse Counter (PCNT) and gpio interrupt on the same pin?

wuyuanyi

Is it possible to enable Pulse Counter (PCNT) and gpio interrupt on the same pin?

Postby wuyuanyi » Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:57 pm

Hi, I am implementing a pulse counter for an encoder. I would also like to capture the edge in ISR and perform some action. However, when both PCNT and interrupt using `gpio_isr_handler_add`, the interrupt handler no longer gets called. I assume this was because the signal was routed to PCNT peripheral. Is it possible to enable both gpio isr and PCNT on the same pin?

ESP_Sprite

Re: Is it possible to enable Pulse Counter (PCNT) and gpio interrupt on the same pin?

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:42 am

Should be possible. In what order are you setting up the interrupt and the pulse counter? Can you swap that around?

wuyuanyi

Re: Is it possible to enable Pulse Counter (PCNT) and gpio interrupt on the same pin?

Postby wuyuanyi » Tue Sep 03, 2024 5:13 am

I have tried gpio_config > gpio_add_handler > pcnt setup as well as gpio_config > pcnt setup > gpio_add_handler. In either case,only pcnt works. the interrupt handler won't be called. Without pcnt the interrupt worked

wuyuanyi

Postby wuyuanyi » Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:55 am

Welp, I could confirm that the correct combination to make PCNT and gpio interrupt work simultaneously is: PCNT setup -> gpio config -> gpio interrupt handler