ESP-IDF can't change CONFIG_ESP_CONSOLE_UART_BAUDRATE

jxlmane

ESP-IDF can't change CONFIG_ESP_CONSOLE_UART_BAUDRATE

Postby jxlmane » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:30 pm

Hi!
I have multiple esp32 boards, one of them - ESP-WROOM-32 DEVKIT, another one is custom ESP32-S3 board with MICRO-USB connected directly to D+ and D- pins of the uC.
In first case there is, I believe, USB to UART IC CP2102.
Right now I have a software which uses printf() function very frequently to output data.
Since printf() gets called a lot, I want to increase baudrate, so it will lower the average time spent on this function.
My problem is (when using ESP-WROOM-32, didn't check on custom PCB) : when I try to go to idf.py menuconfig, I see no baudrate related settings. Also, if i try to change CONFIG_ESP_CONSOLE_UART_BAUDRATE manually, it will go back to 115200 after the build (default).
So, my question is, what do I need to do to change this setting on ESP-WROOM-32 DEVKIT and on ESP32-S3 board without USB to UART IC?

ESP_Sprite

Re: ESP-IDF can't change CONFIG_ESP_CONSOLE_UART_BAUDRATE

Postby ESP_Sprite » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:14 am

On the -S3 with the built-in USB-serial-JTAG peripheral, there is no such thing as a baudrate. Any baudrate set by the host (=your computer) is ignored and there is no concept of baudrate on the ESP32-S3 side; the peripheral will always send and receive data at the maximum speed allowed by the USB connection.

zeno324

Re: ESP-IDF can't change CONFIG_ESP_CONSOLE_UART_BAUDRATE

Postby zeno324 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:31 am

I have the same question.I want to view with uart0 not usb console. But can't change baudrate.
Also,I don't know how to turn off uart cansole.When I comment "CONFIG_ESP_CONSOLE_UART=y",it will go after the build (default).