with target esp32c3 can't flash

danny@cs.huji.ac.il

with target esp32c3 can't flash

Postby danny@cs.huji.ac.il » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:13 am

managed to install the latest esp-idf (master) on and if target is esp32 all is great, (nice work thanks!)

just received my first riscv/c3 from m5 - stamp C3,
connecting the usb, i get the output of the installed test, but after compiling example/wifi/scan write_flash --flash_mode dio --flash_size detect --flash_freq 80m 0x0 build/bootloader/bootloader.bin 0x8000 build/partition_table/partition-table.bin 0x10000 build/scan.bin

i cant flash it, I get

pampero> /vol/src/esp/esp-idf/components/esptool_py/esptool/esptool.py -p /dev/ttyU1 --before default_reset --after hard_reset --chip esp32c3
esptool.py v3.2-dev
Serial port /dev/ttyU1
Connecting...
Failed to get PID of a device on /dev/ttyU1, using standard reset sequence.
Chip is ESP32-C3 (revision 3)
Features: Wi-Fi
Crystal is 40MHz
MAC: 7c:df:a1:a3:61:74
Uploading stub...

A fatal error occurred: Failed to write to target RAM (result was 01070000)cant flash

SchneHa

Re: with target esp32c3 can't flash

Postby SchneHa » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:47 pm

I have exactly the same problem with Arduino IDE. :|

SchneHa

Re: with target esp32c3 can't flash

Postby SchneHa » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:43 pm

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!
After diving into deep of operating system of CatalinaI figured out a possible solution which worked for me:

1. I had a usbserial.kext laying in /Library/Extensions/ and I figured out that it was also a WCH driver
2. I deleted usbserial.kext and restarted the Mac again => no success
3. I deleted CH34xVCPControlDriver.kext and CH34xVCPDriver.kext in /Library/Extensions/ and restarted again
4. I installed another driver: FTDIUSBSerialDextInstaller_1_4_7 and had to confirm SIP integrity
5. In system preferences -> security I had to enable access for the FTDI driver and saw another process pending named something with Quinheng
6. As I remembered that Quinheng has something to do with WCH I ticked this process too and restarted
7. I installed CH34xVCPDriver.pkg V1.7 again and restarted => no success
8. I plugged in a CH340G device and suddenly a /dev/cu.wchusbserialXXX port appears in my Arduino IDE and is working with my CH9102 device
9. Plugging out CH340G device continues /dev/cu.wchusbserialXXX working

Hope that this solution will work for other people too!