How can i successfully get internet ethernet to AP using DP83848 PHY module

PIYUSHGIRI

How can i successfully get internet ethernet to AP using DP83848 PHY module

Postby PIYUSHGIRI » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:36 am

i try ethernet example which given in esp idf 4.3 version,but it is working in ethernet kit with IP101 PHY module,but i used DP83848 and i select from menuconfig,also i change address 1 to 0 and PHY reset gpio,SMI MDC gpio,SMI MDIO gpio... than also it will not work,i got a IP from ethernet but its did not connect via wifi AP,
please help me to which changes i do so after that its work fine,
thanks in advance

ESP_ondrej

Re: How can i successfully get internet ethernet to AP using DP83848 PHY module

Postby ESP_ondrej » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:39 am

What Ethernet example do you use? If you want to have Ethernet and Wifi, you need to initialize Ethernet and Wifi. Ethernet examples initializes only Ethernet.

PIYUSHGIRI

Postby PIYUSHGIRI » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:20 am

Hii ESP_ondreg,
thanks for support i used eth2AP example which given in the ethernet ,its working fine i select DP83848 and gpio change ,but
insufficient TX buffer size and WiFi send packet failed,
i enlarge buffer size than also sometime this error will come.

PIYUSHGIRI

Postby PIYUSHGIRI » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:18 pm

DP83848 is giving ethernet to AP wifi internet to samsung phone,but other device cant provide internet to PC or other company phone and expressif esp wrover module,idf version is 4.3

ESP_ondrej

Postby ESP_ondrej » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:07 am

but insufficient TX buffer size and WiFi send packet failed,
i enlarge buffer size than also sometime this error will come.
Yes, this can happen since Ethernet has greater throughput (is faster interface) than WIFI. You did the right thing, it will help you to buffer peaks but cannot solve issues with constant heavy traffic. You can also check other tips here: https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/tr ... leshooting
DP83848 is giving ethernet to AP wifi internet to samsung phone,but other device cant provide internet to PC or other company phone and expressif esp wrover module
I am sorry but I don't follow... Could you please try to split it to multiple bullets what connections are expected where? Or providing a figure with expected topology would be even better. Thanks.