BLE-MESH - esp_ble_mesh_server_model_send_msg() returns ESP_OK when not part of mesh

ZacDaMan

BLE-MESH - esp_ble_mesh_server_model_send_msg() returns ESP_OK when not part of mesh

Postby ZacDaMan » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:45 pm

Not sure if this is a bug or not; I have a node that I want to boot up, send a message to the central provisioner, deep sleep for 10s and repeat. I want the cycle to stop and the node to just remain on, if the provisioner is not present. However, if I turn the provisioner off, meaning the node is the only device, ie there is no mesh, then esp_ble_mesh_server_model_send_msg() still returns ESP_OK, meaning as far as I can see I am unable to pick up that the provisioner isn't there anymore. Is this normal behaviour?

I tried changing the "need_rsp" field of the ble_mesh_model_send_msg call to true, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

I have BT settings set to persist in menuconfig on the node, so it essentially provisions itself on startup. My program is essentially a slightly modified version of the vendor_client and vendor_server examples, with the vendor_server being the one that sleeps.