EN pin, prevent floating, RC delay, reset button & power switch?

ruckus

EN pin, prevent floating, RC delay, reset button & power switch?

Postby ruckus » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:28 pm

Hello,

I would like to attach a slide power toggle switch, reset button, RC delay & prevent floating on the EN pin.

This is what I've come up with:

Is this schematic viable?

I'm concerned about the value of the pull down resistor (R7).. If I go any lower resistance the voltage on the EN pin will drop to much. Will a 100K resistor reliably pull EN down and prevent floating?

According to a circuit simulator I use, it should be 3V on the EN pin.

Am I going about this all the wrong way? I'm learning as I go along, so I'm not sure this is the best way to go about this.

I understand that traditionally a pull up resistor would have been used.. switch attached to ground.. yada yada.

I really want to use my slide switch as I plan to use it elsewhere in the project (SP3T).

ESP_LJH

Re: EN pin, prevent floating, RC delay, reset button & power switch?

Postby ESP_LJH » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:58 am

Sorry but I could not get the point why you need a pull-down? A pull-up also could prevent EN from floating, right?
Anyway, 100K should be OK, since EN value is about 3 V, it is still high enough to enable chip.

boarchuz

Re: EN pin, prevent floating, RC delay, reset button & power switch?

Postby boarchuz » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:19 am

It's unclear from the schematic but your slide switch almost certainly has 3 pins, allowing you to define the level for both positions. Connect one to GND for "Off", and the other to 3V3 through a 10k resistor for "On". You can do away with R7 then, and arguably the reset button too.