Custom ESP32-C3 PCB won't connect via USB (no Port)

Niklas Sommer

Custom ESP32-C3 PCB won't connect via USB (no Port)

Postby Niklas Sommer » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:46 pm

Hello everyone,

I recently made a custom PCB for an ESP32-C3-FH4 but if I connect it to my PC there is no port found for the board. I am using the onboard USB Interface as you can see and the crystal is an ECS-400-10-37B2-CKM-TR (40MHz, 10ppm, CL=10pF). I have no Idea why it wouldn`t work as this isn’t my first PCB design either and the circuit is pretty much the same as on all the other designs I found online. I tried resoldering it a couple of times, use different Load Capacitors for the Crystal and measured voltages on the inputs to ensure the SOC has voltage, but nothing works. Am I missing something? And yes, there are a lot more components on the board including a power supply, but they are irrelevant for that matter and for the sake of testing I haven’t soldered them to the board (except the supply circuit) to ensure errors in the schematic of other components (which there probably aren’t any because I build circuits for all other parts like a million times) won’t affect my Esp32 circuit.

Thanks in advance,
Niklas
Attachments
ESP32-C3_SChematic.PNG
ESP32-C3_SChematic.PNG (26.14 KiB) Viewed 1511 times

ESP_Sprite

Re: Custom ESP32-C3 PCB won't connect via USB (no Port)

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:09 am

Well, for one, your VDDA pins are not connected while they should be connected to 3.3V. In general, if you haven't already, suggest you read through the hardware design guidelines to see if your design matches that.

Niklas Sommer

Re: Custom ESP32-C3 PCB won't connect via USB (no Port)

Postby Niklas Sommer » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:03 pm

God how did I miss that? :oops: But that alone didn't fix my problem. VDD_SPI acts as a power source and not a power input and since I had it connected to 3.3V the thing didn't connect to my PC.