ESP-32 used for data acquisition Controller

sngjarvis

ESP-32 used for data acquisition Controller

Postby sngjarvis » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:36 pm

Dear Team,

I am new to use ESP32. I have the following queries which anyone can help me to get clarify.

1. I want to develop a controller for Machine Production monitoring system. I want to use the inductive proximity sensor for length counting and the digital input signal for machine status readout. Whether ESP32 can be used for this purpose.

2. Since it is having both WiFi and Bluetooth module i can easily connected in industrial environment - Whether this point is true or false?

3. What IDE will be good and easy to learn for ESP 32.

Kindly provide the answers for above points

Amal@consyst

Re: ESP-32 used for data acquisition Controller

Postby Amal@consyst » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:25 am

I do have a similar doubt. Can ESP32 be used in industrial environment?.
I am working on an industrial iot project and under indoor conditions it was working ok except for few random crashes. But when it was placed under industrial conditions wifi connection failed and Access point Webserver also failed.
I am thinking of migrating my project to ESP32.
will that help?
specifically I am planning to use ESP32-S3.

gtjoseph

Re: ESP-32 used for data acquisition Controller

Postby gtjoseph » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:18 am

It really depends on the unique characteristics of your industrial environment. If the wifi issue is just due to weak signal you could try using a board/module with a connector for an external antenna. If it's interference, you'd need to use tools like WiFi Analyzer to see what else is occupying the spectrum. If your industrial environment generates lots of EMI in the 2.4GHz you may be out of luck.