LCDKIT 16bit parallel compatible display modules

ammaree

LCDKIT 16bit parallel compatible display modules

Postby ammaree » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:13 am

Can somebody please point me to specific 16bit parallel interface display modules that can be used with the ESP32-DevKitC-VC+ESP32-LCDKit combination.

We prefer modules that are direct 1-for-1 pin compatible with 2x20 pin connector on the LCDKit. Resolution in range 320x240 to 800x480 would be ideal.

Will be used with lvl or uGFX to build/pilot HMI for building management system. We have searched Banggood, Amazon and Adafruit with no luck so far.

Thanks

do2mind

Re: LCDKIT 16bit parallel compatible display modules

Postby do2mind » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:03 pm

I spent probably ten hours looking for the same thing, also to no avail.
That's time I'll never get back!

I would like either a 5" or a 7" display
(I'm building a sunrise alarm clock, and will need decent screen real estate to show the time in large format, plus next alarm time, set alarm buttons, etc. etc.)

At Digikey I found a couple displays with a 2x20 connector, but none of them with the same pins in the same places.
And there's no clear explanation in the LCDKIT documentation that would help me "map" from between two pin setups with jumper wires.
But, I also would like a direct plugin screen, hoping not to do it the cheesy way.

I'm okay with either using any of the compatible connections
  • SPI serial interface
  • 8-bit parallel interface
  • 16-bit parallel interface
And I'm okay with using either the 2x20 or 1x14 connector.

I AM a newbie, so I don't know what matches what for those interface types and pin configurations.
I'm smart enough to find the right section of the Github readme documentation, but I don't know what to do with it.
And there's no YouTube videos I could find either.

I also spent a decent amount of time asking the internet on multiple angles of these questions, to no avail.

C'mon, Espressif!!!!
It doesn't work very well without giving people the information they need to get to "point B".