ESP32 capactive pins removal

andrea05256

ESP32 capactive pins removal

Postby andrea05256 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:54 pm

Hi,

I am creating a new PCB board for ESP32 breakout board and I want to know that the capacitive pins of ESP32 are present on the breakout board or its the built-in feature of ESP32 chip ..... I want to remove this features so how can I do that? One more thing can we design the rigid-flex PCB for esp32 board? rite now I am working on rigid PCB but thinking of switching to flexible, so any suggestions?

Thanks.

rpiloverbd

Re: ESP32 capactive pins removal

Postby rpiloverbd » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:01 am

The ESP32 has 10 capacitive touch GPIOs. These GPIOs can sense variations in anything that holds an electrical charge, like the human skin. So they can detect variations induced when touching the GPIOs with a finger. These pins can be easily integrated into capacitive pads, and replace mechanical buttons. The touch sensor is in-built. It can't be separated from the chip.

Flexible PCBs are much more expensive than rigid ones. The following article can help you make your decision well.

https://pcbtracks.com/introduction-to-f ... uit-board/

It has all details regarding Flex-PCBs. It discusses the layers, design fabrication and assembly of Flex-PCBs. You'll also know about the drawbacks and advantages of this technology.