ESP32 Wrover Kit v4: Timeout when flashing

sylents

ESP32 Wrover Kit v4: Timeout when flashing

Postby sylents » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:43 am

Hello all,

i have the following error when flashing my device:

Code: Select all

Connecting........_____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to Espressif device: Timed out waiting for packet header
Setup:
- ESP-IDF 4.2
- ESP32 Wrover Kit v4
- USB Port: Interface0 = WinUSB; Interface1 = FTDIBUS
- Tried powering with USB and externally, does not matter, tried connecting 10uF between EN/GND, tried pushing BOOT button while flashing

I was aiming to test my CAN/TWAI-Bus with an external CAN-Tranceiver (SN65HVD230 CAN Board). I used < 4.2 ESP-IDF before and after a updated to 4.2 i had to use the TWAI-Interface. From then on the CAN/TWAI-Bus did unexpected things. So i decided to test the twai_network_master example. When i ran it (can_tx=GPIO21 and can_rx=GPIO22) the tranceiver became incredibly hot and the boards LEDs were turning red. After this incident the described flashing problem popped out. In case i want to flash the LED D6 blinks and the timeout error occurs during flashing. Apparently, i caused some kind of short circuit somewhere. When i connect the can transceiver to VCC/GND it still gets overheated (even without can_tx/rx connected) hence this IC is dead i would say.
Do you think the board itself is kind of broken?

Thank you in advance!

Greets