Review request on battery powered ESP32 Design with NFC

kabu_shawarib

Review request on battery powered ESP32 Design with NFC

Postby kabu_shawarib » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:14 am

I'm new to PCB design (First one) and I want some advice and tips from more knowledgeable people in regard to basic design elements and especially the power consumption part. I want to make the hardware consume as little as possible during sleep. I spent a lot of time researching, but would like some expert proofing before I pull the trigger.

I'm trying to design a battery powered esp32 that will turn on the motor when the NFC breakout board connected through SPI is reading the correct code. It only wakes up by a built in touch sensor and is in deep sleep most of the time. I choose the ESP32 to add some IoT capabilities. I'm using low quiescent current LDO voltage regulator (4uA) for 3.3V. I have connected ground of the motor, voltage divider for battery measurement , and the NFC module to N-Channel logic level (>1.8V) MOSFET to operate and save power by turning off NFC module and the divider constant drain. This specific MOSFET has a low 1uA leakage IDSS.

Capacitors are the same as the data sheets suggest. Motor current is not more than 1.4A for 5 seconds. Batteries will be 2x2 lithium-ion (~6V-8.4V). The NFC module will be connected by male 2.54 1x6 header on the back side of the board (GND to SCK https://imgaz.staticbg.com/images/oaupl ... 7bea26.jpg). Also note that the pcb and breakout board's top,left, and right sides are meant to match. Only the bottom side on my pcb is shorter. There are external UART connectors. Also I'll be soldering all components by hand.

Schematic:

Overview of PCB:

Project link on EasyEda for PCB and Schematic for close up inspection: https://easyeda.com/editor#id=4d79aee76 ... db4bfa96cc

Feel free to request any info that I could've missed.