ESP32-S3 devkit quality control?

rigo92

ESP32-S3 devkit quality control?

Postby rigo92 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:16 pm

Let me start this by saying I'm a big fan of Espressif's line of products. Can't wait to get my hands on a P4.
I don't know how to contact Espressif about this so I'm posting it on the forums.
Now, I realized I got lazy and I've been using the ESP32 since it was released. The ESP32-S3 is basically an update, so I decided to get some newer parts to my laboratory. I bought 2 of them from the official store on Aliexpress, but when I received them, one had a problem on the UART connection. Windows 10 would not recognize it. The other board worked wonderfully. I returned them both, and bought 3 ESP32-S3 devkits from the official store again, hoping that was just some bad luck. Lo and behold, from the 3 boards now, one board has a defective USB connector. The other boards work wonderfully.
I don't want to return this shipment again for they take some time to get to me, so I'll just not use the third board's USB. I'll not try contacting Espressif's store on Aliexpress for Ali's interface is not the best for this type of situation IMO.
Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong? How can Win10 recognize and work with some board and block and warn me about others? Is this some case of idiot user of is this a case of Quality Control problems by Espressif Aliexpress store?
As someone who loves to work with ESPs and can't wait to get my hands on an ESP32-P4, I'm worried if this is a mistake on my part or something wrong with the vendor's products.